- “Solutions and Obstacles to Revitalizing Great Lakes Goods Transportation”, presentation at Transportation Research Board, Washington, January, 11, 2016.
- “The Changing Face of Containerization, 1956-2015”, webinar, Canadian Institute of Trade and Transportation (CITT), October 7, 2015. https://citt.adobeconnect.com/_a984679883/p3ws7docbny/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal
- “Short Sea Shipping in North America”, 6th European Shortsea Congress, Hamburg, October 9, 2013
- Frost and Brooks, "Short Sea Shipping Lessons from Europe Revisited", Short Sea Shipping: Current and Future, Montreal, March 19, 2013
- Frost and Brooks, "Nunavut and Greenland Shipping", Arctic Shipping Forum, Montreal, October 29, 2012
- "Atlantic Region Ports and Markets", Atlantic Prosperity Conference, October 2, 2012
- Short Sea Shipping: Incentives, Obstacles and Solutions", Highway H2O Conference, Toronto, 2011
- "Halifax-mid-West Trade Development", Atlantic Gateway Symposium, Halifax, June 2011
- "Short Sea Shipping at Canadian Port Authorities", Association of Canadian Port Authorities, St. John's, 2010
- "Short Sea Shipping in Canada: Lessons Learned and Research Model for the Development of New Services", Transportation Research Board, Irvine, CA, June 2010
- "Short Sea in Europe: Some Lessons for Canada", Highway H2O, Toronto, November 2009
- "Inland Terminal Case Studies", Atlantic Gateway Symposium, Halifax, October 2009
- "Canadian Shipping Policy Overview", Consultative Shipping Group -International Chamber of Shipping, Vancouver, May 2009
- "Gateways and Corridors: The Atlantic Perspective", Association of Canadian Port Authorities, Saint John, August 2008
- "Transload and Distripark Presentation", Atlantic Gateway Symposium, August 2008
- "Building the Halifax Gateway: A New Vision for the Future", presentation to Senate Committee on Containerisation, February 9, 2008
- "Short Sea Shipping on the East Coast", JoC Canada-Maritime Conference, Vancouver, June 2006
- "East Coast Short Sea Shipping Study", Canadian Transportation Research Forum, panelist, May 2006.
- "Shortsea Shipping Applications and Innovations Explored", North American Marine Conference, Moderator, panel discussion, , April 2006.
- "Short Sea Shipping: An Atlantic Canada Perspective", Short Sea Shipping Conference, Hilton Head, SC, 19-20 April, 2004.
- "The Wharf of the Dominion: The Port of Halifax, 1850-2000," Atlantic Canada Workshop, St. Francis Xavier University, August, 2001
- "The Wharf of the Dominion: The Port of Halifax, 1850-2000," Canadian Economics Association, McGill University, June 2001.
- "The Aborted British Invasion: The Case of Swan Hunter, 5th Canadian Business History Conference, McMaster University, October 1998.
- "The Aborted British Invasion: The Case of Swan Hunter," Royal Nova Scotia Historical Society, October 1999.
- "Cruising Labrador," Sydney Harbour Port Day, June 1994
- "The Nationalization of the Bank of Nova Scotia," Atlantic Canada Studies Conference, June 1980